Saturday, May 21, 2016

Revision Tips! Xx



Hiya everyone! So I know that it is revision season at the moment, so I thought that I would reach out to everyone revising for exams (including me!) and provide you with some useful tips to help you! Here are some facts that I have discovered through experience...

1) Plan when you are going to revise
I cannot stress enough how important it is to set a time for when you are going to revise. If I just have a small amount of revision to do or the revision is not urgent, then I will set one piece per day. If I have to complete lots in one day, then I will start as early as I can so my brain can have a rest in the evening. The best way to do this is to get yourself a planner or journal; this can be used to create lists, record due dates, and plan your revision sessions.

2) Create the perfect studying environment
Before you start, create a calm working space so you can concentrate. Put any distractions out of sight, play some relaxing music and even light some fresh smelling candles. 

3) Find a study buddy
Revising can be fun! Get a friend, make some flashcards, and test each other on facts, dates, and numbers. They can help you if you are stuck, but also can make you better if you need to help the other person!

4) Colour code
If you are like me and have the need to always have the perfect presentation, then you will love this tip! Write key facts in another colour to make them stand out and stay in your head. You could also underline and label things in other colours to pretty up your notes!

5) Come back
My teacher once told me that from one lesson, you retain about 10% of the information that you are told. If you revisit that in 24 hours then you will retain about 20% of the information. Come back again in 48 hours and you now know 40% of the information. Keep doing this process through the week, and by the end, you should know about 90% of the information. I found this  really interesting!

Thank you for reading my post, and good luck to any of you that have exams coming up! Please follow my blog, and become part of the family! See you soon, Gracie xx





No comments:

Post a Comment